Saturday, April 4, 2015

CRIMSON HOOPS - TIDE COULD GO IN A STUNNING DIRECTION

AVERY JOHNSON IS A REAL  CANDIDATE PER SOURCES INCLUDING ESPN...
UPDATE

   At 3:15 (PCT) my phone rang.  A great buddy  of mine and an ex-assistant coach in the SEC called. He now works in the NBA. Usually, when I see that number it means that I’m being offered some complimentary tickets.  “Hey, Bill did you know that ‘Bama might hire Avery Johnson?”  Are you serious? Alabama might make jump  that is not only out of the box, it might be from outer space.  I recently said we should really consider hiring Avery Johnson,  but wasn’t sure that a stoic educational institution of  higher education might actually do so.  If Alabama hires Avery Johnson, and I support that idea, it would send a jolt of electricity through the SEC. It would be like booking a ticket on the space shuttle for Bama fans. Some will be vehemently upset, but it is a very logical move by the surprising Bill Battle. The call also indicates this possibility is making the grape vine in the NBA.
    

      He told me the two parties had been talking informally for the last three days, but starting yesterday those conversations turned serious.  I will get back with you when I know more.  This could be the  most important hire in Tide basketball since C.M. Newton.  Talk about creating some positive talk for Alabama.  Wow.  

ESPN also confirmed that the Tide was talking with Prohm and White. We'll have a coach from one of those three in my opinion. Trying to get in touch with D. Ingram. 

No comments:

Post a Comment