Saturday, February 28, 2015

VANDY ON THE ROAD...

Line is settling with Vandy six-point favorite...
No word on Kessens...
Hale likely gone for the year...

   
Grant says Hale won't play
 
A game but out manned Alabama is ready to take on the Vanderbilt Commodores in Nashville. That city has never been kind to Alabama, except for one SEC Tournament when Gary Waites and Hollywood Robinson putting quite a show. Robinson was named to the All Tournament team and the crowd starting the chant of Gary Waites-Gary Waites - Gary Waites. James walked up to his teammate hand gave Gary is Award. After that, not a lot of good moments come to mind. 


         I have no respect for Vanderbilt. Too many seasons of hearing the student body saying "that's alright, that's okay, you'll all work for us one day" and pointing to Alabama's black players. That is beyond classless. Ultimately, the SEC made Vanderbilt quit using that racial cheer. That was it with the Vanderbilt Commodores. Next to Auburn, they are second on my hit list. I am probably the only Alabama fan who hates Vandy that much. I'll bet my last dollar the same thing will be vocalized again. I hope we pull off the upset on Saturday. I hope the fates will let Shannon and Michael play. I hope that Retin plays some gnarly defense. I hope that Justin starts dropping in threes like rain. Please let Riley Norris have a day that a freshman can only dream of having. I hope the Captain and Coop have the best games of my life. Lets hope the Jimmie Taylor stays in the game and blocks ten shots.  

 


  Bama can still put a good team on the floor. Obasahan has been playing well. Riley Norris is starting to show what he can do. Levi and Coop are old hands. Jimmie Taylor has been on the for almost two season. Honestly, it is highly improbable that Alabama wins at Vandy. Lack of numbers and the most biased officiating in the SEC will put Vandy at the line, and the Tide in trouble. Justin Coleman will get a lot of minutes. It will not be surprising if you see the Tide go small early in the game. I'd expect the Tide to play the modern version of the old four corners. The only way this game gets out of hands is if the Tide picks up a lot of fouls. I think that Bama is going play more man than a lot of us think. If Kessens can go a near 100% we have a chance. I'd have to pick Vandy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment