Friday, February 21, 2014

Tide is a favorite against the Missouri Tigers???

This line is hard to understand...



    
   At first I thought my friend was joking. He called wanting to know if he should bet against the Tide. He told me that Alabama was 1.5 point favorite. He's right. All the Las Vegas odds makers set the same line. Sometime last week did Missouri lose all their starters, and it went unreported? Did anyone in Vegas watch the Texas A&M game on Thursday night? Don't get me wrong I'd love for Alabama to beat Missouri. I'd love for the Tide to beat anyone right about now. Those kids deserve something good to happen. What they've been through has been pretty tough. Surely, something good will happen. Isn't that in the odds somewhere.

        But the line is indeed -1.5. Can anyone give me the slightest idea why? I hope Alabama gets fired up and takes it out on Missouri. Maybe we can say there is no way Alabama can play that poorly two games in a row. That probably has some validity. Alabama is playing at home. The Tide has played pretty well at home. At times they have played excellent basketball. Perhaps tomorrow they will they will play above their heads. That's what it is going to take for Bama  to beat the Tigers. Over the years I've learned on thing about odds makers. They are generally pretty good at getting it right. More than anything that knowledge gives me hope. That's pretty bad when you believe in gamblers more than your coach and team. At this point in the season I'll grab for any straw I can find. Regardless of how bad the season has been we always have hope. I will not pull against the Tide under any circumstances. I know people believe that more losses will cause Grant to resign or Battle to replace him. Maybe so.  But I think all of us would love to see some wins before the end of the season. The only thing I can say is the stage is set for a monumental comeback.

No comments:

Post a Comment