Sunday, March 13, 2016

TIDE GETS NIT BID AND GET SHIPPED TO CREIGHTON FOR FIRST GAME
A few Tide "fans" to quit the board


 
This writer is proud of our year
   While watching the Kentucky game, it entered my mind that the lopsided loss would cost us a lower seed in the NIT.  I think that had we made that a competitive game we would have hosted UAB in Coleman. Losing five of your last seven games isn't going to impress anyone. Kudos for Avery Johnson and his team for making a postseason tournament. The Tide will be at least a five point underdog to Creighton, but I think we will win. 

       I know a lot of posters are going to say the NIT is a second-rate  tournament. Those guys who say such nonsense are idiots. The NIT is a historically important tournament and gives us a chance play in Madison Square Garden, which is the world's most famous basketball venue. Before our first game if  you told me that we'd make it to any postseason tournament, I'd have been highly skeptical. We should be proud of the team for making the season an enjoyable one, even though it wasn't for those of us who have heart trouble. All you guys who want to slam Alabama for playing in the NIT can drop dead as far as I'm concerned. You know nothing about basketball. You aren't an Alabama fan, and don't try to convince any real Tide basketball fan you are. You are part of those who feel protected by remaining anonymous. I'm attempting to conjure up a name for you. So far "loser" is about the nicest thing that comes to mind. If you can't support the effort of this year's team, you should take it to your mommy. Try to get the day shift at McDonald's. Maybe that will improve your attitude. It's one thing to be disappointed in not making the NCAA. It's entirely different in defaming your team because of your complete lack of basketball knowledge and history. 

     I think of all the hours our players spent at practice and in the weight room. They made sacrifices while a bunch of you sat at home in the lazy-boy knocking down cheap beer. Say anything you want to say about me, but damn it, leave our players alone. This was one of the most miraculous seasons I've seen, and that goes back for 60 years. We didn't have a proven big time player, not one who averaged double figures, we lost our only big time recruit to injury,  and still almost made the NCAA.  You question whether our team "wanted" it enough.If you had half a brain you should apologize, but people no longer do that. I think of fans like rolltider67 and MD4U and it makes me proud we have real fans. I'm sure most of you are true fans. Please feel free to hit the ignore button. I know I have today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment