Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Bama survives West Georgia

Bama beats West Georgia 65-64...

Let to whining begin...
 

 
    Let me say right off the left hand margin that I do not put any stock in exhibition games.  We all know that Bama squeaked by West Georgia in OT. We also know that Trevor Releford used the game to prove he is the best point guard in the SEC.  Okay, we already knew that. We also know that the little magician can make free throws. He did all those things and more.  What everyone wants to know is this a real preview of what is going to happen in the season?  I think the answer is yes and no. I think that until Levi Randolph is back and in shape we are going to have some really tough games. We are also relying on two freshmen to make major contributions. That doesn't always work. Ask Kentucky how that worked out last year.

 

     Here's what I noticed:

 

1. Algie key scored two points

2. Jimmie Taylor scored two points

3. Shanon Hale score four points.

 

Here's a few more things to think about:

 

1. 15 turnovers are an ouch factor

2.  Rodney Cooper who we need to score had only 9 points

3. We shot the ball so bad it hurt to watch

 

But there was some good.

 

1. Nick Jacobs played 31 minutes and is clearly off the Krispy Kreme dream diet

2. I thought Carl play in his time on the floor. I counted 5 boards and 2/3 from the floor.

3. Retin played 41 minutes. Trevor had 31 on the floor and Coop played 46. Good and            
     bad in those numbers.

4. Jimmie only had two fouls and I was afraid he would go foul crazy. He played smart.    He also had 6 boards.

 

 

All in all we stunk up the place. But it was an exhibition game. I tried to count the different rotations we played but just gave up. Here' what I did notice. We didn't find one that replaced Levi. What to do? I'd play Jimmie and Nick inside at the same time. The score says the rest. Roll Tide and see you in Texas

 

No comments:

Post a Comment