Monday, November 12, 2012

Today we thank our Veterens

    I'm sure we all have a similiar story. We have fathers and grandfathers who fought for America. Most came home. Not all. Some gave the ultimate sacrifice to keep us free. How fitting and proper it is that we give one day in the rememberance of all of our veterens.

     In my family the story is the same. My father fought in the South Pacific in World War II. My grandfather fought in France in the War to end all Wars. I still have his helmet. You can see the indentations were three Hun machine gun slugs grazed the top of his lid, as he called it. His father fought in the Spanish American War. My two great-great grandfathers fought in the Civil War. One served the South. The other for the Union.

     Today, we say thank you for your service and for your sacrifice. Thank you. Those words are not enough, not nearly enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment